Tuesday, November 2, 2010

home sweet home...

IMG_1704
Here she is! Our new home on wheels. I think the interior is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen in my life. Let's take a peek!
IMG_1705
Ooh la la! Very hospital chic, non?
IMG_1708
The boys' room! Cozy!
IMG_1711
Master bedroom.
IMG_1712
Look, an escape hatch!
IMG_1714
It's a kitchen.
IMG_1709
Aaaaand the spacious bathroom.
Don't get me wrong, I am SO EXCITED about living in this thing, but I can't wait to start working on some redecoration projects. We move in on 11/11, so maybe I will be able to make a few improvements before then...

7 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin....so glad to follow your blog and travel along with you. You con do so much to make it yours ~ have fun doing just that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, thanks for stopping by to say hi! I can't wait till we are through with the big move so I can start reading through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so tickled to see how quickly you moved on your decision! (I found you on the FoTR forums.) We're planning to hit the road this Fall. I wish we could move as quickly as you, but we had just signed a year lease... and are working toward getting a rig. Though lately I find myself questioning how much it would cost to get out of our lease vs. the amount we'll spend on rent if we stay in it. Thoughts to ponder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I was also going to say that I've seen worse interiors. But yeah, they all seem fairly horrid. To whom are they marketing, exactly? Perhaps just retirees? Or they just want to make it SO bland so as to not insult anyone's delicate sensibilities? I dunno, but I'm sure we'll wind up with something even uglier than what you've got! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have done so much to take away that "RV" feel, after a year it is definitely "us." Congratulations and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 'new home'! Hope to see you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! We are also a family of 5 working towards living on the road. We're in the process of selling off our stuff now. I had ruled out a 5th wheel b/c I just couldn't see squeezing 3 small children in very large carseats in the back of a truck. Is that working out ok for you and your family? We had decided on a pull behind, but if it works for your family, I would definitely like to re-consider a truck and a 5th wheel!!

    ReplyDelete